Minuet is a full-featured, stand-alone HTML browser designed specifically for mobile devices. It requires no "middle-man" or "hidden" servers. All your inputs and security protections are handled right on your handheld device, safely and efficiently. No need to worry about subscriptions, bottle-necks, and security holes with these "middle-man" servers because Minuet doesnt need them! Why pay monthly subscriptions for news, stock quotes, weather info, traffic report and directions, when they are free on the Internet?
Minuet provides great flexibility in customizing your own web browsing experience, from personalized font sizes and color schemes, to various download options tailored for your networking needs.
* Full support for HTML input forms, including web pages that require user log-in and password, with full support for cookies.
* Java-based Internet Security - for server authentication and data protecton.
* Background Loading - read a web page while loading another one in the background.
* Web Caching - move around and view multiple pages at the same time.
* Programmable Shortcuts - quick access to all the main control functions.
* Dynamic Memory Management - automatically delete the least recently viewed pages from cache for new pages when needed.
* Full support for HTTP and HTTPS. Full support for HTML 4.0.
* Direct Web Site Connections - no middle-man servers, no unwanted subscriptions, bottlenecks and security holes.
* Full support for GIF, JPEG and PNG graphics, plus smart screening of unnecessary graphics.
* Image Resizing - view big images at their original sizes (with scrolling) or fit them to the size of your display screen.
* Configurable Start-up Options: Quicklist, Bookmark Lists or a home page.
* Bookmark Lists - keep your favorite bookmarks organized.
» version 3.0.8 - posted on 2006-08-25
EULA - End User License Agreement
End User License Agreement
CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LICENSE AGREEMENT. YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT BY INSTALLING AND USING THE SOFTWARE.
"You" means the person or company who is being licensed to use the Minuet Browser Software (Software). We, us and our mean TriPrince.
We hereby grant you a non-exclusive license to use one copy of the Software on any single device, provided the Software is in use on only one device at any time.
We remain the owner of all right, title and interest in the Software and related explanatory written materials ("Documentation").
Archival or Backup Copies
You may copy the Software for back up and archival purposes, provided that the original and each copy are kept in your possession and that your installation and use of the Software does not exceed that allowed in the "License Grant" section above.
Things You May Not Do
The Software and Documentation are protected by United States copyright laws, Canadian copyright laws, and international treaties. You must treat the Software and Documentation like any other copyrighted materialfor example, a book. You may not:
copy the Documentation,
copy the Software except to make archival or backup copies as provided above,
modify or adapt the Software or merge it into another program,
reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or make any attempt to discover the source code of the Software,
place the Software onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network such as the Internet, or
sublicense, rent, lease or lend any portion of the Software or Documentation.
You may transfer all your rights to use the Software and Documentation to another person or legal entity provided you transfer this Agreement, the Software and Documentation, including all copies, updates and prior versions to such person or entity and that you retain no copies, including copies stored on computer.
Use of the Software is at your own risk and we are providing the Software "AS IS." We specifically disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, the loss of profit, data, or use of the Software, or special, incidental or consequential damages or other similar claims, even if we have been specifically advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will our liability for any damages to you or any other person ever exceed the price you paid for this copy of the software, regardless of any form of the claim.
Term and Termination
This license agreement takes effect upon your use of the software and remains effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession. It will also automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this license agreement. You agree on termination of this license to destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession.
The Software contains trade secrets and proprietary know-how that belong to us and it is being made available to you in strict confidence. ANY USE OR DISCLOSURE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OF ITS ALGORITHMS, PROTOCOLS OR INTERFACES, OTHER THAN IN STRICT ACCORDANCE WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, MAY BE ACTIONABLE AS A VIOLATION OF OUR TRADE SECRET RIGHTS.
1. This written license agreement is the exclusive agreement between you and us concerning the Software and Documentation and supersedes any prior purchase order, communication, advertising or representation concerning the Software.
2. This license agreement may be modified only by a writing signed by you and us.
3. In the event of litigation between you and us concerning the Software or Documentation, the prevailing party in the litigation will be entitled to recover attorney fees and expenses from the other party.
4. This license agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.